Thursday 9 February 2012

Cover Idea for my Music Magazine

This is my first idea for the magazine cover, I have chosen to added a picture of a band I found on the Internet to represent the image that I will have taken for the cover. I might only put one person in the picture so then there is more space for the text and other separate images. I took some time to think of the title, I looked at other magazines for inspiration and saw that getting a platinum album was very good. I then decided to look up what platinum is on the periodic table, which lead me to decide the name of "Pt: Platinum".

I look at lots of different magazines when creating the cover, and took little areas for each to see if they look good on this magazine. I looked on website like www.nme.com and  http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/2093/the-best-new-acts-to-watch-out-for-in-2012 to find some new artist that are up and coming in 2012. This allowed me to then find information on them and images to use.

After looking at the images of "Deas Vail" I decided on this picture because most of the members are in the picture and there clothing shows off the type of music they create and play. I have edit out one of the band member so there was more space for the text. Also it was quite difficult to find areas to put the text, so it looked professional. But in the end I think the layout was good and the fonts and text size works well. When editing the main image I made lots of changes to see if the picture looked good, at first I made the image look colder so the artists looked in the dark and not well known, but I decided to put a warm colour filter over them so they look inviting and people would be more encouraged to buy there music and the magazine.

Image not edited and the image made to look dark and cold with a cooling filter over it.

I added the smaller image to the cover so there was another attraction for views. I edited in a boarder around the image so then it looked separate and didn't blend into the background, so it made it standout.

I used Photoshop to create this cover which was very useful because it allowed be to edit the picture easily and I could make changes simply.

Improvement that can be made 
  • Add outlines to some of the text to make in clearer 
  • Make the text the same as the other contents page and double page spread
  • Make sure all the text is clear (not blurring some letters into the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment