Wednesday 8 February 2012

Double Page Spread idea

This is my first idea for the double page spread of my music magazine. I have used some music artist that are becoming well known in the music industry, to show some of the talented new artists. I got the fonts from a website called "dafont" which allows you to download and use the fonts on Microsoft or photoshop. These fonts where very useful when creating the double page spread because it allowed me to try out lots of different fonts that I would otherwise not be able to use. I used a font called "Decibel" for the heading of "Birdy" because it makes it stand out and on the cover of her album there is a similar font style. This makes in more obvious to the reader on what the article is going to be on.


I decided to use a banner across the middle of the page with some albums similar to there type of music on them, also I wanted to make it look a little like a film reel, so it makes in look as if there are lots of new albums being released. Also I added a purple strip coming off the film reel so then I could add more text and it would be a different way of splitting up the text from the image. And by having the image on a slant it improves the look of the double page spread, so its not so straight and boring.

When adding the "Gotye" heading to the magazine I wanted to make it look like the style of his music so by using the font " Postinkantaja Job" I think I achieved this. Also by inserting the picture into the background it makes it clear on what the article is on and shows the reads the latest music. When adding the images I changed the background colour to the same as the image so then it would looked like it covered the whole background. Below the heading I wrote some of the lyrics for his new song, I did this because it would make it clear on what the article is on and lots of people would know the lyrics and be interested. Also I tried to rap the text around the picture so then the pictures was clear and by using the rule of thirds in this page it allowed be to add the text easily.


feedback
Some of the other pupils in my class review by work to say  improvement or changes that could be made. They said there was a few things that need improving, they are:
  • Thin out the text surrounding the man so then it is easier to read.
  • Make sure that the fonts are all the same for the main body of text.
  • Be sure that no text it cut out by the fold in the middle of the page.
  • Make sure that you keep the colour scheme the same all the way though the magazine.
These are changes that can be made easily using Photoshop. so the feedback was useful and allows me to improve my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment